Innovative software makes energy monitoring a breeze
Sonicwall - dynamic security for the global network
Web 2.0, social media, mobility and cloud computing have dramatically changed the IT landscape and introduced new security threats into government networks. Now traditional firewalls are coming up short as protocol and port number classifications have been rendered ineffective in blocking threats. Many applications are now delivered over the Web sharing common ports and HTTP or HTTPS protocols. This effectively leaves traditional firewalls blind to these applications and unable to prioritize productive and secure versus unproductive and potentially insecure traffic.What CIOs and IT Managers need instead is a next-generation firewall featuring application intelligence, control and real time visualization. Among its many benefits, application control promises to restore firewall effectiveness by enabling IT to implement and enforce granular policies governing application access while helping prevent application-layer threats and unwanted exposure of sensitive data.
In this regard, enterprises will be served best by purchasing and implementing a next-generation firewall featuring application control capabilities:
- Enable all applications that are being used to support legitimate business activities, regardless of type or reputation, including difficult to pin-down Web 2.0 and social networking applications
- Block all “bad” applications, including “good” ones that are being used in a bad way
- Prevent malware, attacks, and data leaks via allowed application traffic, without having to deploy additional, standalone devices/solutions
- Prioritize allowed application traffic based on its relative importance to the business
- Demonstrate not just compliance but also proficiency when it comes to meeting regulatory requirements pertaining to firewall implementation, network segmentation, and/or user and application–oriented access control
SonicWALL has taken firewalls to the next level, integrating application intelligence, control and visualization. Extending protection beyond network-layer threats, SonicWALL Next-Generation Firewalls are designed to lock down the enterprise against today’s threats, with maximum control over all data and applications that traverse the network. As a result, organization will enjoy application level access controls, restrictions on the transfer of specific files and documents and greater bandwidth management.
SonicWALL introduced early 2011 the SuperMassive™ E10000 Series of Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFW) consisting of the E10100, the E10200, the E10400 and the flagship E10800.
The SuperMassive Series features a massively scalable multi-core architecture that utilizes up to 96 cores of processing power. It delivers more than 40 Gbps of firewall throughput and over 30 Gbps of application control and Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS) with industry-leading power, space and cooling (PSC) metrics1. Based on these features, the SonicWALL SuperMassive E10000 Series offers unique price/performance and an unmatched combination of price/power/performance.
For more information visit www.sonicwall.com